As the leader in the Electrical Test and Measurement Equipment Rental Industry, we are actively seeking people with talent and potential. You will need to be driven, flexible and have a team-oriented approach to bring out the best in yourself and those around you. If you have what it takes, we can promise you all the training and support you need to make the most of the ever-growing world of opportunity our business can offer.
Protec Equipment Resources is a leader in the Electrical Test and Measurement Equipment Rental Industry and is experiencing tremendous growth. We are actively seeking hardworking, dependable people that possess the drive and teamwork to bring out the best in themselves as well as those around them.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Verify equipment accuracy by comparison to known standards
- Adjust equipment as necessary to meet industry standards for accuracy and customer requirements
- Follow documented processes to perform a combination of manual and automated calibrations, utilizing automation software such as Fluke MetCal.
- Utilize company software system to input data necessary to manage inventory.
- Maintain lab and storage areas in a neat, clean and orderly condition.
- Maintain all shop equipment in good, safe working order.
- Assist in quality control and safety programs.
- Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; participates in meetings; listens and gets clarification; writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; reads and interprets written information.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability – Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance. Consistently completes tasks, projects, and assignments on time, with or without direct supervision and under routine and varying circumstances.
- Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities and goals; exhibits openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; develops realistic action plans.
- Critical Thinking - Proactive anticipation of issues; develops solutions.
- Initiative/Motivation - A self-starter; needs little oversight or direction; takes action beyond what is expected to complete assignments; willing to take on new responsibilities without being asked.
- Results - Focuses on completing essential tasks within an appropriate timeframe; is effective at setting priorities; demonstrates proficiency in both the quality and quantity of work; effectiveness of performance under pressure and/or opposition. Able to delegate responsibilities effectively
- Self- Development - Demonstrates an openness and attitude of learning and developing; is committed to improving themselves by seeking to utilize their strengths and work on weaknesses; strives for excellence; takes advantage of training opportunities.
- Be able to fill out documentation
- Proficient in interpreting data derived from testing in order to determine acceptable testing parameters
- Knowledge of electricity a plus.
- Rental industry experience a plus.
- Knowledge of proper adjustment procedures for test and measurement equipment and repair techniques.
- S. Degree in a technical field or ASQ Calibration Technician Certification (CCT, or PMEL)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience
- Good driving record with the ability to drive a company vehicle
- Have or willing to obtain First Aid/ AED/ CPR Cert.
- Be able to pass drug and background checks
Work Environment, Equipment, Physical Demands
This list represents the demands that the position requires. The list may not be all-inclusive.
- Must be able to lift to 75 lbs.
- Frequent bending, pushing, pulling
- Repetitive wrist, hand or finger movement (to operate tools)
- Physical coordination (sequential or simultaneous use of hands, arms, feet, and legs)
- Close vision (clear vision at 20” or less)
- Extended periods of reading fine print
- Frequent sitting for long periods
- Requires occasional regional driving
- Occasional weekend work as needed
- Occasional on-call work
- Frequent use of hand tools
- Frequent use of handtrucks
For immediate consideration, e-mail resume to email@example.com along with salary requirement.
Compensation: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.