Primary current injection testing is usually associated with high current and high voltage power distribution systems generally found in an electricity substation, or in a large industrial installation.
The test is conducted by injecting a test current into the primary side of a system, which is often but not always some form of protection scheme, to determine how the system behaves at particular levels of current.
The Megger ODEN AT Primary Current Injection Test System is a powerful test system designed for primary injection testing of protective relay equipment and circuit breakers.
This test set is also used to test the turns ratio of current transformers and for other applications that require high variable currents.
- An Advanced Primary Current Injection Test System to simplify all types of switchgear and CT commissioning, ground grid, circuit breaker testing and more
- Modular design to permit optimal user configuration of output current vs. unit size
- Compact transport cart facilitates portability into switchgear rooms with limited space
- Unique I/30 function allows the current to be pre-set using low current to prevent test sample heating, thus eliminating corruption of test result
Megger ODEN AT Primary Current Injection Test System applications:
- Primary current injection testing and breaker testing
- Testing current transformers
- Polarity testing
- Heat runs
- Automatic reclosers and sectionalizers
- Testing integrity of ground grids and safety-ground devices
Related electrical test equipment available for rent from Protec: